....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"The Talk"

Yesterday in her folder, Janae brought home a note about "The Video". How in the world is it time for that already???? So, I thought I'd better go up and talk to the nurse to see what all this education was going to entail. Mostly general type stuff that Janae knows already. Take a bath and wash your hair, wear deodorant, stay in school, etc.

However, they will be watching a video about what girls will go through and the proper names of all the body parts. Most of it, I've already visited with her about, but this gave me a kick in the pants to just clarify and make sure she'll know what will be discussed at school.

Sigh......We sat here and watched the video ahead of time, it's on Proctor and Gamble's website, they created it. Wasn't bad, but I'm already getting the pre-teen "Do I have to watch this??" I have to say I was somewhat amused at her. I think she was more uncomfortable about talking about it than I was, and somehow I thought it'd be the other way around! Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts.

Thankfully I know the school nurse pretty well and was confident that nothing would be going on I didn't want to be, but just had to make sure. I was pretty impressed, she said they have the curriculum, but they can present it any way they want to. She said she wouldn't be telling the kids anything she didn't want someone else telling her kids.

So, I guess my almost middle schooler is really almost a middle schooler. ****Tears**** Where has the time gone?

No comments: