....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Tuesday, October 13, 2009

With age comes wisdom.....or at least wisdom teeth!!

So, yesterday, was my semi-annual dental appointment. Not a big deal, never have had any problems with my teeth, not even a cavity. A fact that I am quite proud of. As she was finishing up, the hygenist said, "oops, I almost missed that wisdom tooth!" WHAT???? My wisdom teeth are supposed to be waaaaay up there. NO where near to cutting. So, as I am saying "WHAT???" with her hands in my mouth, I start to worry a bit. Anyone who knows me at all, knows I FREAK OUT at the thought of a needle getting close to me. I DON'T do needles. At all. To the equivalent of having natural childbirth because an epidural involves a needle. Anyway, the dentist comes in and says all looks good, not a word about the horrid tooth that is making it's unwanted way into my mouth. I'll start praying now, hopefully it will come in just fine and not bother me. My dad and brother have both had to have their's cut out, so that doesn't bode well for me. Although I told hubs, that would probably account for all the headaches I've been having recently! Ugh! I'm too old to be cutting teeth.....on another note, we had parent/teacher conferences today, and Hunt's teacher wants to test him for gifted/talented. I'm sorry to say that she really surprised me with that. He's an adorable kid, and he's always thought "outside the box", but I never even thought about it. That's just him. He tested really well in the TPRI's earlier this year, on some levels way above the average, but she said it's the way he thinks that is making her think he might make it into GT. Anyone who's ever had him, even in PDO has come up and told me some of the funny/crazy things he's said, he just pulls stuff out of the air, and sounds like a hilarious kid that's twice his age. She did say that the testing takes all year, and if he makes it, he wouldn't start it until 2nd grade, so I'll keep you posted! Bye for now....

6 comments:

Brooke said...

I had mine taken out when I was in high school. They put me to sleep, that is the only way to do it in my opinion. That does require an IV of course...but from there on you are on easy street! Go Hunter!!!

Laurie said...

I had mine taken out a few months after Trav and I were married! How's that for breaking in a new marriage!ha! My dental surgeon gave me gas that put me to sleep! Too easy! I would recommend that for you if needed! Maybe you won't need them removed after all!

Stacey said...

Mine are out too....you will just look like a chipmunk for a tad bit, if you have to do it. Go for the gas, ditto to Laurie. Works wonders. :)

kristen lewis said...

Mine are goners too. No fun but I will spare you the stories. Congrats on Hunter- it is a big honor to even be nominated.

Lori E. said...

Mary I am without my wisdom teeth also, high school and knocked out also, mine were under the bone, because I have a really small mouth, I know HARD to believe. I will hold your hand and distract you from what is going on, I am really good at it. I've got your back. That is cool about Hunter!!!

Angie said...

Way to go Hunter! That's excellent!

And don't worry about the smart teeth...maybe they won't have to come out. Keepin' my fingers crossed for you!