....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Monday, October 26, 2009

Got a couple dents in my fender.......

Okay, so last night was a concert with one of Janae's favorite singers. Franschesca Batastelli. As soon as she heard on the radio that she was going to be here in town, she started asking if we could go. How can you refuse that? It was at 1st Baptist, the doors opened at 6, and we got there about 10 minutes later. We got great seats, it was in the balcony, right above the sound board, so no one was right in front us, and you all know that if you have a 9 and 6 year old, that is huge. So here she is........ Now, this was my view for the first half of the night. One of the two little girls that was sitting on the same "pew" as we were didn't seem to know the meaning of "personal space". Well maybe she did, and thought she needed to be in mine. She touched me more than my own children. I was jostled by this child the entire night. ARGH! Mom was too busy recording on her camera to pay attention to the child. I have to tell first how it started as soon as we sat down. Brought both kids something to do, because Hunt didn't want to come in the first place, and secondly, we were going to be sitting there an hour waiting for it to start, and mama has done this before. Makes my life much easier when my cutie pies aren't bored. We sat down, (other kids were already there), and I pull out Hunt's DS. Kid #1 immediately asks if she can have it to play with. Uh, NO!!!! Janae starts her drawing. Kid #1 asks if she can draw on Janae's pad. Uh, NO! I didn't bring them stuff to do for the kids next to us to take away. And mom is just sitting there letting her do it. Then, during intermission, she (kid) asks me "Um, excuse me, is your daughter all right?" To which I reply, yes, she's fine. "Then why does she have to wear those things for her eyes?" This kid was at least 8 years old. What??? I just told her, "she's fine". Kid #2 is the one who was practically on top of me the entire night. I do hate to complain too loudly, because at least my kids could see, and that's what really counts. My nerves were just about shot by the end of the night, though.
Leeland=loud, as Janae would say! They were really good, but I hadn't been to a concert in a very long time, and it was very loud. I'm so getting old.



Brandon Heath.



So, by ten o'clock the show is finally over. It was pretty long to have the kids out. Janae wanted a pic with Franchesca soooooo bad. I heard someone say that it was going to be another 30 minutes before they came out, and told her we were going to have to leave. It's a school night for heaven's sake. A Sunday at that, so they have all week to go. Her eyes just started filling with tears, so I gave in and we stayed. By the time we left it was 11:00, but we got the picture. She has the rest of her life to recover from the late night, but this may be the only chance she had to get this picture. I can't help but be thankful that she wants to go hear someone who loves the Lord and isn't begging to see Britney or Madonna or someone like that.

Okay, I'm trying to post a video, never done that before, but it's been trying to post for 20 minutes, and it's time for me to go to bed. If it's here great, if not I may try again tomorrow.








3 comments:

Laurie said...

What a cool, hip mom you are taking your kids to a concert!! That looks like it was a lot of fun!! And Janae will remember it!:) Sorry about the annoying kids...I'm not sure what's worse the kids or the mom...I say mom!

kristen lewis said...

You are a fabulous mom! And, I am so with you on other people's kids in your grill. No thank you.

Angie said...

You're such a good momma Mary! Sorry it was less than thrilling for you but it sounds like Janae had a great time! And I love how you kept the staying up too late thing in perspective. That's something I really need to work on myself!