....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Dog's Life







Well, tonight I'm going to talk about my dogs. They are a part of the family, you know. Aztec is the yellow lab, and she is 10 years old. I've had her longer than I've had anyone else in the family. Now she is getting on up there in doggie years, and is getting quite cranky at times. She will be happy, although, if she is being fed. She is constantly looking for something to eat. It drives me absolutely crazy. That nose is always to the ground hunting for a crumb. Now Duchess is 3. We got her for John for Father's Day 3 years ago. He wanted an English Mastiff, so here came Duchess. She is a big girl, weighs about 125. Ironically, she kind of became my dog. Now hubs will argue with that, but that dog follows me all over the house, she doesn't want to go to bed until I do, and if hubs decides to mess with me, she's all over him. (It's kinda nice! ha, ha) Duchess is the sweetest dog in the world: if she knows you, but I'd be willing to bet that she would tear someone in half if she thought they were trouble. Aztec, on the other hand, would let anyone in if they had something to eat, but would tear you apart if you got in her face, and tried to love on her. So note to any intuders, watch out for the guard dogs!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Look at you go Mary! You have become a blogging maniac!
I bet my killer miniature Dachshund could take either one of those big dogs. Hehehehee!

kristen lewis said...

I love it that both of your dogs weigh more than you do!

Lori E. said...

Way to go Mary!!! I am loving the blog. And I love that you love your animals. Where is Wednesdays???? No pressure....just keep blogging!!
:>}

Unknown said...

Can I borrow pics of your dogs to scare away my intruders too?
** on a side note i have been reading brooke's blog, i feel like such a stalker, but oh my she is so funny.