....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dang Mosquitoes!!



Argh!! We are being swarmed by mosquitoes!! I don't know where they are coming from, it hasn't been raining much in the last couple of weeks, but you can't go outside or open the door without a dozen of them racing in. They are huge! They are as big as flies and buzz around like flies as well. Makes me wonder about what a plague with them would be like! Yikes, and no thank you. Our "ex" next door neighbors, who for some reason moved away from us to go live in Houston, close to their son, said they are the worst thing about Houston right now, worse than the heat and humidity. (Hi Judy!)


So, the solution for the time being is this: Tiki torches. I went to trusty Wal-Mart after school today and loaded up on the fuel and bought a couple extra torches. So far, so good. We'll see when it gets good and dark. We put them right by the back porch so that when we open the door at night to let the dogs in and out, maybe we won't be swarmed. Now I will put out the fire when I go to bed, I'd hate for the thing to fall over and end up torching our house. I kinda like this house, and I've put waaaay to much time and energy into it to watch it go down in flames.
Now, no comments about a picture of a dead bug. If Kristen can post dead mouse pictures, and I'm sure Brooke has put worse on hers, although at the time being, I'm not sure what, then I can put a dead mosquito picture on mine. Dead is alot better than alive. I have to swat them, not take pictures of them as they are about to eat me.

3 comments:

kristen lewis said...

Mary, this is some blogtastic stuff! I swear I had a quarter pound mosquito land on me tonight.

Brooke said...

They are driving me crazy. I am currently fearing West Nile.
HEY I didn't realize you guys had a hot tub! HUBBA HUBBA *wink*wink* You are such an animal.

Stacey said...

I had the same thoughts about seeing the hot tub in the pic!! Wowsers!! You go Mary, go! :) Ditto with the mosquitoes...it is out of control. I wear Off instead of perfume these days. Enjoying your blog, you are a natural!