....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Monday, August 25, 2008

Just trying this out!

Okay, well after dropping off my darlings at school today, I went and had breakfast with a friend, so that I wouldn't come home and cry in my cereal since my baby has now gone to kindergarten. He was just fine, and I actually was just fine. He's been in PDO since he was a baby, but I was there too, so I really was afraid that I was going to have a really hard time leaving him, but I did manage to without any tears. What do you know?

Then, after breakfast I had to go get the books for my hubby's new fall college semester. May I suggest to NEVER do that on the first day of school??? STUPID! I went out to Reese, they only had two, so I had to go on to Levelland for the other two. All had to be bought new because the used ones were gone, and the lines were so long, it's not even funny. I had to park about a 1/2 mile away from the bookstore and walk. And this is a community college!!! Now the good news is, that I was off today, and able to get it done. However, I have learned a lesson, not to put that off ever again. All the kids with financial aid were there, apparently this was the last day to buy books on financial aid.

So, after getting home, after spending the morning driving and walking!, I started uploading pictures off my new digital camera. Will somebody please advise on that because I had 70 pictures, and could only load them one at a time. Took quite awhile. And, after telling my breakfast friend, Brooke, that I wasn't going to start a blog today, I went to the website, and BAM, I did it.

Now, I don't want to leave out my darling daughter who started 3rd grade today, but she wasn't worried at all about me leaving her. If I would have stayed any longer, she'd have been pushing me out the door. She's too grown up for Mommy to be hanging around. 8 1/2 going on 18.

Okay, that's all for now, I'll figure out the picture thing, (have to buy a new camera battery first, used it up uploading all those pictures!!) and then will put pictures on here!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

3 cheers for Mary! You did it! I am so proud, I could just burst!

Can't wait for more of the Eaton house happenings!

Stacey said...

Hip Hip Hooray for you, girl! Can't wait to read more!! I'm feelin' the pressure now...especially. Glad your day was good. I thought of you so often...missing you at PDO & wondering how you were with K starting. Talk to you soon!

Staci said...

Woo Hoo! I added you to my favorites!

kristen lewis said...

YEA! I knew you could do it. I just knew it. I am so proud of you, Mary! Welcome to the "blogosphere!"

Lori E. said...

Mary, way to go. I will be a loyal blurker. I cannot wait to read about your adventures!! I am glad you survived the first day of school.

Unknown said...

Yay! Now we can keep in touch even better! We miss you and feel so sad you were not there yesterday.

Unknown said...

it looks like 1/2 of your friends are named stacee in some form or another :)