....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Monday, September 1, 2008

Entertainment in more ways than one!














Well, as much as Brooke likes Craig's List, I like Sams. Wholesale Club that is. Greatest place in the world. My friend Tiffany had told us that they saw an entertainment center there at Sams that would match our funiture perfectly. So, on Friday, as we were doing our regular Sam's shopping, we of course had to check out the furniture. May I say I was impressed! So, we went home, talked about it, and decided to "let's do it!". Saturday, we asked our buddy and neighbor Bryan for the use of his pickup and assistance and off we went.


Now we are the proud owners of a new entertainment center. And may I say, it was about time. We have been wanting to get one, but expected to have to pay around $2500 for something we would keep for years. (What we had was a Wal-Mart beauty.) This new one was about $689 and we will be keeping for the long haul. Bargain! I couldn't resist snapping pics as the guys hauled in box #1, weighing in at 304 pounds. I offered to do it for them, but as gentlemen, they declined. Who would have thought? It's only because I'm the only one taking pictures, and they wanted pictures of this monumental event. I could have saved them so much time and trouble, oh well. So, there you have our week-end Sams story.
Now, on another note, I am getting quite frustrated with this picture thing. I can't figure out how to put the pics where I want them, I tried cutting and pasting, and just ended up cutting, and had to up-load them again. Grrr! I'm going to have to get with one of you professional bloggers and just see how to do it.

Well, it's time for week 2 of school. I'm telling you, after just one week of school, then having Labor day holiday, was quite laborous for us. Whew! Attitudy high schooler and kindergartener! Whew, back to school tomorrow! Thank goodness the 3rd grader is managing to keep her attitude in check this weekend, don't know if we would have survived 3 of them. You know, there are only 2 of us, against 3 of them. Heaven help us! he,he,he My sweet kindergartener has gotten spankings the last two days, and he probably needed them more than the one time each day I gave them. He seems to think he can growl and stomp his feet at me when he doesn't like what I tell him, and that's just not flying. I asked him today if he just didn't like being with me, and he said "NO". Hmm, guess he's liking his teacher better than his mommy. Janae had this kindergarten attitude too at first, guess it's part of the adjustment. We will get through it, but it made a couple of looong weekend days for momma!
Farewell for tonight, will talk about the hot tub tomorrow........

1 comment:

Brooke said...

That looks great...perfect match! I love me some Sam's too...but it is no Craigslist dadgumit!