....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Monday, September 15, 2008

I took a week off......

Okay, so I took a week of Brooke, but I'm back now. Not like some people who will remain nameless (Staci) who take off whole months at a time! he,he


Okay, have to tell about my great Wal-Mart deal. I went on Friday night, needed to get a few things and was looking at sheets. What better place than Wal-Mart to buy sheets?? ;) Well, my perfect children were wandering (running) up and down the aisle, and found a comforter that Hunter liked. In being the great mom that I am, I looked at it, ready to say "NO". Then.....I saw the red price tag on it. Ready? $7 Yes, $7, comforter, sham, and ruffle on clearance.
So I said "YES"! What he did have was okay, it was about 3 years old and he did potty train while we used it, so it had multiple washings under it's belt, and was looking a little flat and faded. The new one is so cute and it matches his wallpaper and curtains.

If only I could find a comforter for my bed for $7.00. I'd probably send out a text to everyone I know informing them of my good luck!

In other news, for those of you who don't live here, we got 7 inches of rain on Thursday. That was a record, never had that much in a day here before. I love the rain, love rainy days, but a downside to that rain is that school got cancelled for Friday due to flooding. Can you believe that? So, I"ll bet you anything we'll have to make it up on one of our other days off later. Hunter was going to be on the school news saying the pledge Friday morning, so now that has to be rescheduled too. Probably for waaaaay later in the year. And he was so excited. Well, I'm starting to blabber, going to say good-bye for now!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Everyone wishes they could have a week of Brooke!!!!!!!
Anyway....LOVE the comforter! I am NOT ashamed to say I love Wal-Mart. Actually I love Target more, but WM's prices you can't beat.
Now chop chop, get up early tomorrow morning and blog again. No breaks for you missy.

Stacey said...

Love the comforter! Love the deal! Do they have more?! My boys' motif too! Looks great.