....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hot Tub- oh, la,la




Now, for the hot tub. As evidence of a couple of the posts I got about my mosquito post, not everyone was as interested in the mosquitos as the hot tub! I myself thought that the bugs were much more entertaining reading.

We got the hot tub as a hand me down from my parents a couple of summers ago. I couldn't even tell you for sure how long they had it, I think I was 16 or 17 when they got it. (It's been awhile.) Anyway, they kept it in the garage, and wanted the garage cleared out, so John decided that if they were giving it away, we wanted it. It wasn't working very well, but we all thought it only needed a couple of minor repairs and we'd be home free. Wrong! It's been alot of work, we keep thinking that this "one little thing" needed fixing, and then "one more thing". We had to have an electrician come over and wire it to be plugged in, and he replaced some of the fuses and what not. Couldn't really tell you all he did to be honest. Then the heating element wouldn't work. John worked on that for awhile and never could get that fixed so we decided the kids could just use it during the summer as a swimming pool. That worked well last summer, but this summer the filter quit working. Solution: Replace the filter. Wrong! Still not filtering. So, now no swimming pool either. So at the present time, we are contemplating hiring someone to just come haul it off. I think it is past it's prime. We called someone from the Thrifty Nickel, and he's going to charge about $80, which if he can haul that huge, heavy thing off, that's a bargain in my book! So, if any of you loyal friends has a better offer, you are welcome to it! We might even pay you. Well.....maybe not.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Well that is just disappointing. I was hoping to hear about "steamy" nights in the hot tub! WOOO HOOO MARY!!!! So anyway, sounds more like a money pit than anything else. No, I don't want it!!! Put it on Craigslist as free and someone will come take it, I guarantee it.