....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Thursday, December 10, 2009

Testing day......

Well, today was the big day. Thank goodness it's over!! I'm happy to say that I did great on the English and reading portions, and the essay was fine as well. I made a 102 on the English. Don't know quite how that happened, but I won't argue about it!! The algebra, however, is another story. Forty-two. Yes, 42! I don't think I've ever made a 42 before. But, it has been years and years and years since I actually had algebra. Sweet Angie gave me 2 1/2 hours of her day on Monday to try to get as much info into my brain as possible, but man, there are so many rules to try and remember, that I think it was pretty much hopeless. It's just been too long. It made perfect sense as I was doing problems with her sitting beside me, and I did fine, but I knew I wasn't going to remember how to do all the steps for all the problems. But, honestly, I'm really fine with it, I'll have to take a remedial math class to get ready for the math class that will count toward the degree. And after thinking about it, I'm afraid that if I would have passed this test by the skin of my teeth, that I would have a really hard time with a more advanced class without taking something to prepare me. I actually may have to take two additional classes, but I'm really okay with it. I do think that it will help me build on top of each other, so that I can actually handle something harder. I would have been upset if I wouldn't have passed the reading or English, so all in all, I'm quite happy with the results!

6 comments:

kristen lewis said...

I am so proud of you!

pottsdrum said...

Way to go! And you have a great positive outlook about the math part. You rock!

Angie said...

oops...I seem to be posting as my husband again.

Brooke said...

You're going to do just fine! (I had to take a remedial math course my freshman year too...not that THAT makes you feel any better!!) I am so excited for this new season of your life!!

Staci said...

Mary, that's awesome! I'm so proud of you!

Lori E. said...

Way to go Mary!!! You are probably right about the math class to prepare you for the other class. It is really bad to fail a course you paid for! So proud of you and happy for you!