....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Friday, December 25, 2009

Snowy Christmas...

We got to babysit baby niece/cousin on Christmas eve, because the day care was closed. What a hard life!! tee, hee Janae loves to hold and help with Kylie. (and actually this pic was taken the day after T-giving when we had her, but we did have her yesterday too!!) John went out to shovel the sidewalk this afternoon and "un-bury" his car, and ended up getting roped into building a snowman. This thing will be in my yard for at least a week I'm sure. It's huge!
Look how deep this snow is! I never officially heard how much we got, but I'm betting it was about 5" at our house, and then the wind was blowing 150mph, so we had some really deep drifts.

The kids were absolutely delighted at the snow of course. My cold bones can tolerate it when I'm not forced to be out in it. Although, I went to the grocery store and Sams yesterday. I was afraid that it would be awful out yesterday, on Christmas Eve, but surprisingly, it wasn't bad at all. Saturday's generally are alot worse. Merry Christmas to all!!


2 comments:

Angie said...

What a great snowman! I was hoping for one at our house too but my boys (including the grown up one) were more interested in pelting eachother with snowballs. I hid in the house!

Lori E. said...

Mary, I was afraid I could not get into your blog, but I got let in. Thank you for not blocking me out. I would not blame you if you did. Love the snow man!! I hope ya'll had a great CHRISTmas. I am so sick of the mud that follows the snow. We were snowed into our neighborhood Christmas eve and Christmas day and no I had not gone to the store.....CRAZY.