....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Wish me Luck......

Well, I have enrolled in school for the spring semester and scheduled to take a placement test next week on Thursday. "What the heck?", every one of you is thinking!! I've been wanting to actually see if I can do it and get a degree for quite awhile now, and I finally just jumped in and did it before I could talk myself out of it again. Angie, Lorie, I will warn you now, that you may not want to answer your phones if I have to take a math class. Ack!! You know, being home schooled did nothing for my high school career, the only math I have had is accounting, and that was 15 years ago. Algebra in jr. high, but nothing after that. The placement test has 20 reading comprehension questions, (not a problem), 20 sentence structure questions, (for sure not a problem, right up my alley), an essay, and 12 elementary algebra questions. Send in the math teachers! I'm a bit nervous, but I already paid for it, so I can't back out. Good plan, huh?! I'm enrolling for paralegal studies at SPC, I can get an associate in 2 years, for me it will probably be 4, because I'll still have to work, and won't be able to take the recommended 18 hours/semester. I'll be at 6-9. But then, I also thought about majoring in History. Could teach with that and stay on the kid's schedule. But, by the time I finished a 4 year degree, Janae would be out of school, (because it would take me 8 years!!), and Hunter in high school, so what is the point of that, really? So, wish me luck on the test. If I do well, I'll post about it! tee, hee

6 comments:

Angie said...

OMG! I'm SO seriously excited for you!! Way to go on just jumping in head first. You'll do great! Call me anytime for your math stuff. Woo!

Laurie said...

Good luck with all your studies! Way to go Mary!

Brooke said...

Don't call me about math. If you do I will have to let Zach help you! However if you need any advice about any "extracurricular college activities" then I am your woman! ; ) Mary I am SOOOO proud of you!!! What an awesome step you are taking, good for you! You are going to do great.

kristen lewis said...

I am so proud of you! This is a huge first step, and of course you can do it! You are a whole lot smarter than you give yourself credit for. Add me to your list of potential math tutors. And I'll bet you finish a lot sooner than you think!

Stacey said...

A woo hoo! Hooray for you! Ditto with everything everyone else said...very proud of you. You will do super.

Lori E. said...

Mary....SOOOOO proud of you!!!! Way to step out. You will do great on the test you are a brainiac!!!!!