....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Sunday, March 28, 2010

Busy Day

During Spring Break, we went to Lowe's to go look around. Dangerous for us, because we always find something there we "need". Anybody with me on that? We have written several checks to them lately. Spent quite a bit with all the painting and re-doing we've had going on. And if you don't know what I mean, you haven't talked to me recently! tee, hee So....back to my original story. We were at Lowe's looking around a few days ago, out in the garden center and looked at the trees. I have been wanting a peach tree for quite awhile, so we were just looking around. We found a huge magnolia tree that was a in a 27 gallon bucket and was only $179! Well, it wasn't going to fit in the trunk of my car, and since we are impulse buyers, thought we'd better just wait. And the more I thought about it, the more I thought that is just such a cheap price, and I wanted to get it. So, after church this morning, John was out in the backyard digging a hole.
As was I.


No help here, but lots of moral support.


More moral support. They were quite concerned that the hole was for them at first, because we didn't actually have the tree while we were digging. However, I have a wonderful brother who does have a pick-up and let me borrow it to go get the tree this afternoon.


Here we go.....told you it was big!!! I bet it's at least 15 feet tall. And boy, was it heavy! But I LOVE it! Thanks hubs for digging a big hole!



2 comments:

Laurie said...

It's beautiful!!! I don't think you will be disappointed that you went for it! What a great deal and what a big hole!!! You know that's how you start digging for a pool...

Angie said...

Pretty! Looks like a lot of hard work. Can't wait to see it!