....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Sunday, February 8, 2009

Raider Red!

I wouldn't normally write a blog post about a birthday party that was not MY child's birthday party, but today I'm going to make an exception for sure. We had a birthday party for one of Hunter's friends, they have known each other for quite awhile, and his momma is one of my good friends. He had a gymnastics party, which is just perfect, all of those kids can run and jump and play, then come home, eat dinner, take a bath, and go to bed exhausted. Good thinking Stacey! Well, we got to the party room, the whole theme is red and black for Texas Tech, and eat cake and start the presents. Guess who walks in?? Raider Red!! It was so fun! The birthday boy was so cute, his jaw just literally dropped and his mouth hung open for a couple of minutes!! Now, we're not die-hard fans at our house, but it was lots of fun!! Then when it was time to go, look at the "party favors" that got handed out to the kids.......


I wish I would have had my camera! Stacey, will you print me a picture with all the kids surrounding Raider Red? I know that will be just adorable, and certainly a party to remember! Thank you for including us. And by the way, I wouldn't have stolen your thunder if you had a blog! I would have let you post about this!! tee, hee Just want you to know that....

3 comments:

Staci said...

I'm so bummed I missed the party. Nate Loved it and Glen thought it was cool too. But no man can really appreciate the amazingness of Stacey's party planning and hosting skills. Kudos to Stacey (who I might suggest renaming "the birthday party godess" if we didn't all love Jesus) for thinking outside of the box! What a great idea!

Stacey said...

So glad Hunter had fun! I will get you pictures. Promise. Staci...shut it. Easy party. Tega..can't go wrong there. :)

Lori E. said...

How cute!!!!!!!!!