....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Sunday, February 1, 2009

Clay Cafe

Well, now that Dad is back in school, we're going to try to find things to do outside of the house. He's taking a business law class, he's actually going to class for that one, vs. the on-line classes that he's taken up until now. He's got business law, then macro-economics on-line. Both are really hard and very time consuming. Anyway, the last 2 Saturdays, he's parked at the kitchen table to do homework and study. Last week, we grocery shopped, (which takes absolutely FOREVER with 2 kids on a Saturday), then Hunter had a b-day party to go to, so we managed to be gone most of the afternoon. However, yesterday was pretty open, and we all had to tip-toe around which doesn't work very well on the one day off that a 8 and 6 year old have. So anyway, we decided to go to Clay Cafe last night when he was gearing up for yet another test. We got there at 6:10, and saw that they closed at 6. Oh my, my 8 year old daughter was more than disappointed. She was sooo looking forward to going, and not to be able to do it was almost more than she could bear. So, I promised that we would go today after church. I called my sis-in-law who had been wanting to go, and she met us there to have a fun afternoon. Megan made a plate for a friend's birthday. It's going to be sooo cute, I "demanded" that she show me before she gives it away. Janae found a little cupcake that is like a jewelry box.
Emily found a little square bowl that will be just for "stuff" and Hunter has a shark that is in two pieces. I would venture to say that it would be a jewelry type box if it wasn't a ferocious shark. It's got the big teeth and everything. He absolutely loved it as soon as he saw it. I can't wait to see the finished products.


They had so much fun, we spent 3 hours there, and $47. That was without me doing anything, because I knew I'd spend all my time helping them, which I did. Hunter started posing for pictures, he'd say, "take my picture now", about 5 times before I had to make him stop!






I have absolutely decided that I love that place and would be willing to go anytime. I'm not much of an "artsy" type person, but I really enjoy doing that. I need to go and make something for me! I've only been twice, but have nothing to show for it! I'm thinking on what I can do, who wants to go with me? It's much too expensive to take 3 kids too often, so I don't think that's going to be an every weekend occurance by any means, but I'm ready to go with "the girls" anytime!! Let's make a date.......the only problem with the place is that it closes at 10 pm on Friday night and that's much to early to call it a night when I'm with my friends!



1 comment:

Brooke said...

Looks like y'all had fun! I'll go with you any time Mary!!!