....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Eeek!!

Alrighty, I just HAVE to share what happened to me today. I normally don't talk about the housecleaning, mainly because I never know who is reading. I have waaay to many "blurkers", but it is worth it today. Okay, so I'm already having a weird day, school was late, so that put me 2 hours late, and I'm really trying to make up time so that I won't be late picking the kids up! So, I'm at my second house, a "well-to-do" family, pull the sheets off the bed and head to the laundry room. I started the washer, dumped in the soap, and out of the corner of my eye, something caught my attention. I looked in the washer and there is a MOUSE!! Inside the washer!!! I have certainly never thought about a mouse being there! I've also never seen any type of evidence of all of a mouse being in this house. I was quite taken aback. So I went ahead and called the lady, because those sheets were NOT going to get washed in that washing machine by me! Now get this, she wasn't surprised, said it's happened before! She said she knew there was a mouse running around, and the cat has been "hunting" for it. Okay, why was I not informed of this?? She thinks that the cat caught it and put it in the washer for a "present". And this mouse was very much alive in there. Next, she asked if I'd just grab it and get it out. WHAT????? I DON'T THINK SO! Now grab a kleenex Jen A....I peeked in there when I was leaving and it had drowned. Poor little mouse. I'm not a mouse fan by any means, but I do hate that it drowned in the one inch of water in the bottom of the washing machine. (I still left it in the wash!) Who in their right mind would expect the cleaning lady to pull mice out of the washer?? It was just a funny kind of thing, and let me tell you, I was quite skiddish with everything that I picked up off the floor after that. I was just waiting for another one to run across my feet!!!

6 comments:

Staci said...

EEEEWWWWW!!!! I would never have asked you to reach in and get it out. That is totally a job for the man of the house. And I'm not afraid to admit it!

kristen lewis said...

Bwaahaahaa! My mom had the same thing happen when I was growing up. I hate mice. Better the rich lady's house than yours!

Stacey said...

Yes, I agree...way beyond the call of duty. Nasty!! So yuck. You people and mice these days. LOL!

Unknown said...

I would have had to quit. blah!

Unknown said...

haha I just noticed on your comments... don't you have any friends not named stacee/i/ey? I guess kristen counts, but i bet she wants to be named stacy.

Angie said...

Blech Blech Ick!! I can't believe she asked you to pull it out. You should have told her you would but you were tagging on an extra $500 to her bill!!