....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Thursday, January 8, 2009

I Love My Dog!

Alrighty, we got the car back, it was only the oil filter thingy that needed to be fixed, so it was painless. But, yesterday I had to take my doggie to the vet. She was having ear problems, (the story of our family!), I knew it was a yeast infection in her ear, because she's had them before. But it had been quite awhile since she had been seen for that, so I knew they'd insist on seeing her, and not just giving me a Rx. So, we went in, and yes, it was a yeast infection, they took a culture, gave me an antibiotic and we went to pay. $98 bucks!!! What happened to vet care being waaay cheaper than people care?? The last time Hunt went to the Urgent Care Center for his ear it was $47. Aztec's office visit was $45. The slide was $25, and the meds were $25. Good grief. I had thought it'd be $50 to $60 bill, boy was I wrong on that one! Also, the vet said it could be the shape of her ear that causes the infections. Heard that one before, it just applied to my child, not my dog. So, I also have a liquid med to wash her ear out weekly to prevent infection, you can bet I'll be doing that now. And get this, they insist on a physical exam when it's rabies shot time, and that's in March. So that won't be a cheap visit either. My dog goes to the doctor more than I do! By the way, that fun visit is in about 10 days. Oh boy.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Geesh you have sure had a streak. Hope it ends soon.

Stacey said...

Whew...thanks for a new post. I will comment NOW. Couldn't bring myself to write on the last two. LOL! Just kidding. Kind of had my tail btwn my legs, just wanted to shout out an "I LOVE YOU, Mary! Still friends?!" post. Geez, so sorry. A friends' car...gotta hate that. Anywoo-yuck for the dog expense. We are petfree over here and maybe I see why now. :) See you soon!!

Brooke said...

I had to take the diabetic cat in on Weds. for a yearly check up, blood work, more insulin, etc...
$190. I feel your pain, boy do I feel your pain!! It is a good thing we love our animals!

Lori E. said...

You are so sweet Mary!! I am glad the car problem was not a huge one, even though it was frustrating, not expensive. It will stop raining soon and you MUST enjoy the sunshine and happy feeling, because it WILL rain again, take it from this old wise woman. ;}

Angie said...

Mary! I'm so happy to find your blog and catch up on you...Happy new year!