....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Monday, January 26, 2009

Today....whew!!

What a day! I'm first of all going to make most of my friends jealous and tell you that Quilty Chick, Cimmaron Saga, (alias Jennifer Aniston) and I took a road trip. We went to the ultra cool (and quite cold!) SNYDER! We got to see Quilty Chick's "new digs"!! What a cute little house, she's going to make it just adorable. I really can't wait to see the finished product! BUT....before that, this morning as I was still dripping from the shower there is a knock on the bathroom door, and Emily said she had just thrown up. Well, John was home sleeping today, so we just left her home with him and I still got to go. He did want me to take her to the doctor, because Strep and the Flu are both going around. So we went. And waited. And waited. And waited. We waited so long that Hunter fell asleep in my lap out in the waiting room. We waited for an hour and 1/2 before getting called back. Then they took her to do the flu test and strep test. So after about 20 more minutes, doc comes in says both are negative, checks her out and basically says she has a viral infection in her throat. Take Claritin to dry up the drainage. I about fell out of my chair!! I waited in a waiting room with really sick people, with 3 kids, all for a diagnosis of a "sore throat"! Oh brother!! I am a bit concerned about Hunt, he did fall asleep at the doctor's, then when we got home he fell asleep on the couch at 6:15. No fever, so hopefully he'll sleep all night and be good as new.........

2 comments:

Brooke said...

WOoohooo! Snyder rocks! That was a fun mini road trip!
Hope Hunter is ok.

Lori E. said...

I am so excited that I got "named" in your blog. I feel sooooo cool. I am with you on going to the doctor's office and getting exposed to MORE germs....that is why my kids and exspecially me, have to be at deaths door before we go. I am not a good waiter either............I hope they are both doing better today!!!! The road trip was FUN!!!