....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Sunday, January 4, 2009

What else can happen this weekend???

Well.......where to start? We've had a "wet spot" in the backyard for about 3 weeks now, knowing that it's a water leak somewhere/somehow, but not really wanting to know. Sometimes you just don't want to know how bad something is, so you just ignore it. We thought it was either the sprinkler system leaking or a pipe, probably the sewer, and just were afraid to find out. So on Saturday, John finally went out and dug it up. The ground was so wet that you could just hear it "slushing" as he dug. Well, thank goodness, it looks like a leak in the sprinkler system pipes. We haven't even been using it the last 3 months or so, so I really was afraid that it was going to be something much worse. But the sprinkler man is coming tomorrow to get that fixed. He came on Saturday and turned off the valve, so at least it's not leaking anymore. Forgive the picture of the bench, that's there so a dog doesn't run into a hole and break a leg. She may be big, but that big head doesn't have just tons of brains. I'd rather her run into the bench than fall in the hole!
Now, the not so good news.......John left for church this morning and was back about 2 minutes later. His engine light came on, and when he pulled back home, noticed the oil in the driveway.....
Who knows what happened, it looks like a body, doesn't it???!!! So, now first thing in the morning I'll be calling the insurance company and taking advantage of the towing that we pay for every month. I'm afraid of what's going to be wrong with the car!! It doesn't look good. We still have a year left on our note, and I'm just praying that it will be fixed easily and cheaply and we aren't left paying for a year on a car that doesn't run. I thought about going out there and making a chalk line around it, but that would be rather gruesome, don't you think? Plus, I don't want to wish "death" on the car! At least we have an extra car, so we're not down to sharing one. That is a huge pain in the neck! This is the kind of thing that ends up taking all day. Calling and waiting for a tow truck, then waiting what seems like forever for a diagnosis.
On the up note, hooray for school starting again on Tuesday! I love my children, and I love spending time with them, but I like a routine, and we most defiantely have not had one the last two weeks. Plus, I got cancelled constantly on my cleaning and am extremely broke right now. It's not pretty! Time to start working again! That is not a hooray, except for the $$. Pretty sad, I'm thinking. I'll keep you informed on the fate of the car. I'm sure "all my readers" are waiting with baited breath! tee, hee

3 comments:

Brooke said...

When it rains, it pours huh? I'll keep my fingers crossed that both are very affordable fixes! That oil spill does look like a shadow of a human! Weird.

Lori E. said...

Mary, I will pray for you too. I agree with B., when it rains it pours....why is that? Thank you for the blog comments on my blog. I think you are the only one who reads it. When are we going to do breakfast again? Maybe next week!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I hope neither one is a major deal, too.
Hey, I want to go to breakfast with you cool people. Man why did I have to go and get a real job!!!