....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter! (A day late)





We had an Easter Egg Hunt at church on Saturday morning. It was a brilliant plan by our Children's pastor. Have some light lunch, then go outside and let the kids loose to go hunt eggs. There was only one flaw......it was raining. Yes, raining, here in Lubbock TX, where it very seldom rains. There are certain days that you can count on it to rain, as in when you've just washed your car by hand after months and months of living with it dirty. Or, when you're making big church plans that need to be outside. And don't forget the wind...when it isn't raining, the wind is blowing 400 mph. My, my, my this spring has been seemingly windier (sp??) than most. I probably think that every year, but even during the middle of the night, I'm waking up because the wind sounds like it's going to blow our brick house clear across the county. Now, mind you, I'm not complaining, I actually would rather have the wind blow than to have it snow. As some of you know, I'm a little bit cold natured. And the rain is always welcomed by me, even if the plans have to be changed a bit. Anyway, I didn't intend to get into all of that, I just wanted to show off my beautiful/handsome children. Aren't you all just terribly impressed?? I also have to give a shout out to my friend Staci, who actually posted for this quarter on Saturday. Way to go Staci!! The blogging buddies have been falling down on their posting as of late. I hear that somebody has a new car, and I have yet to see pictures. Now, I am going to complain about the next 2 pictures......






Hunter's teacher is asking for a mother/child picture this week for a Mother's Day project. I had Janae take these two, hence mom not having the top of my head in the first one, but what is it with a 6 year old boy who absolutely cannot smile for a picture without it looking incredibly cheesy??? These are NOT going to work, we're going to have to keep trying. He's also started chewing on his shirt collar, can you tell? How do you break that habit, besides nagging him to death about it? Well, maybe IF I can get a decent picture to send to school, I will post it. I really need to quit facebooking and blogging and get my rear in gear for a garage sale that is supposed to be on Saturday. I still have to go through some of the house, find out about advertising in the paper, and start pricing. I may be up late on Thursday and Friday nights!!!



3 comments:

Lori E. said...

Mary, the pictures are beautiful of you! I never knew you were cold natured???? Glad you had a good Easter!!!!

kristen lewis said...

You should put one of those collars on Hunter that you put on a dog when they lick themselves! HA! Teasing, of course. You look gorgeous and your kids are adorable. And I am right there with you about the wind. I have given up wearing skirts to work.

Staci said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Here's to quarterly posts!