....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Saturday, April 4, 2009

What a Gentleman!

I have to brag on my son today. I did for Janae last week, and now it's his turn. We've been out shopping and running errands yesterday and today, and my 6 year old boy is opening the car door for me each and every time we get in to leave. He is going straight to my door, before he tries to get in, just to let me in first. What a little man! I'm so proud, although it feels so odd, I've opened the door and put him in first his whole life, and now all of a sudden, he's starting to take care of me. I don't know why he's doing it, I haven't talked to him about it, but he's very conscious about it. I don't really want him to stop, but it's going to be a hard habit to break and get in while he's still outside the car. Such a little gentleman!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

That is awesome...so sweet. He's a keeper!!

Angie said...

That's precious! Please bring him over to my house so maybe his chivalrous nature will rub off on my boys. I'm forever catching them by the collar and dragging them back to remind them to hold the door for others and let the ladies go first! jeez.

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you Angie. Christian does good if I remind him. However, he does go overboard sometimes and holds the door for everyone within a five mile radius!!!

kristen lewis said...

Sweet boy. Savor that!

Lori E. said...

How very sweet, manners are sooo important. Way to raise a caring young man!!