....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Thursday, March 26, 2009

Goodness!

Yesterday, I got in my car to take the kids to school. My seatbelt wouldn't latch. Looked like something was stuck down in there. I tried to push the release button, no luck. Well, I just took John's car, no time to mess with that when you are running out the door. So, yesterday afternoon, he took a look at it. No luck with him either, so we took it to Mazda today. We just dropped it off because we had an appointment to go to, and who wants to sit there and wait anyway? Well, she called me and informed me that there was an internal jam in the "lock", and it would have to be replaced. Are you ready?? 90 bucks!!! What??? It's a seat belt fastener, for heaven's sake! But I have to have it. It's the driver's seatbelt, so you can't just scoot over and ignore it for awhile. And they have to order the part, so my car is sitting there. For an additional $7 they could overnight the part, so what the heck, I told them to go ahead and overnight it. Bye, bye a hundred bucks. Sure wasn't expecting that! And you know, I have no idea what jammed it, I had no problems with it at all the last time I took it off. It didn't stick or anything. Who would have thought?

3 comments:

Becky said...

Hey Mary.... I'm glad I finally made it to your blog. I can't believe how big eveyone is... What all are you guys up to these days?

Stacey said...

Eeeek! So sorry about that. Gotta hate unexpected $$ like that. Bummer. See you soon!

Lori E. said...

You should have just bought a big safety pin, and pinned the seat belt onto the seat. Just kidding, I and everyone else who thinks highly of you wants you to be safe and secure and you are worth $100 for sure!!