....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lots of pictures!

I finally have the yard just about finished. All I need now, is for the leaves of the bulbs that had bloomed in the early spring to fall off, and the flower gardens will be finished. Hopefully, the flowers won't get killed by the neighborhood cats that love to come use my garden as their litter box. We are borrowing a cat trap from Kristen, haven't caught one yet, but we will, then bye-bye kitty. Before the planting:



Just about to start.....you can see my little helpers, and they did help. They just about dug up the big, big bed while I was working under the trees...like their little shovel and rake? They were $3 each at Lowe's, I highly recommend them, the shovel actually digs well, and they were completely entertained the entire time I was working.



After:























Janae loves to do art. She drew a picture at school, and all the teachers voted on which pictures that they liked best from what all of the students had done. I'm sure that they did it by grade, but one of hers was picked. She was incredibly, incredibly excited, and it got put in the 1st Annual Frenship Art Festival which was held at the Civic Center yesterday.













She's my little artist, can draw and color all day, and is quite good at it. I am very proud of my little 9 year old girl. The sleepover was a success, thank goodness it's over, I was soooo tired, but they all seemed to enjoy themselves greatly, and that's the main point. I am wanting to go back to Clay Cafe again, I just had to supervise, I wasn't about to start some big project with 8 little girls, so somebody come be my friend and let's go paint! (And soon!!)








6 comments:

kristen lewis said...

I can't wait for you to get a cat!!!

kristen lewis said...

Oh, and the yard looks beautiful. And way to go, Jenae!

Lori E. said...

b-e-a-u-tiful yard and artwork!!!!!!!

Laurie said...

Cassidy had a wonderful time at Janae's b-day party!:) When I picked her up Saturday, I saw your yard and thought it looked beautiful! It always looks good so I didn't even know that it was a recent project! Should've known---our gardens are not that green yet!:)

Angie said...

Wow! Your yard looks fabulous! Since there's no more work to be done at your house, hows about a little help over here at mine?!! My yard needs a MAJOR overhaul!

Laurie said...

Mary, I left something for you on my blog!;) Happy Weekend!