....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Saturday, January 30, 2010

Doggy update

My poor doggy had a rough night, so we headed to the vet this morning. Her heart is much larger than it was 6 months ago, and the time is coming quickly. But just not today. The vet is going to give her more Lasix, a heart medicine and watch her over the weekend to see how she does. It might buy her 6 more months, it might not. I'm just in agony over knowing what to do. I can't bear the thought of her suffering and "drowning" in the fluid in the night, but at the same time, if we can keep her comfortable for a few more weeks, I'll take it. If only I knew that she could just pass away in her sleep at home, I could handle it. What I'm afraid of is that she won't be peaceful, but struggling, and I just couldn't bear it. So on Monday, the vet will call and let us know how she's done on the meds throughout the weekend. It's almost time to say goodbye to my 1st baby.....she's really been the best dog that I could have ever asked for, gentle, calm, and loving. But, it's also so close to the time that I'm going to have to decide on my own that it's time to let her go. I don't know that the vet will actually tell me. I asked her to tell me when we're just keeping her alive for me and not for her. So, probably 6 months at the very most.

No comments: