....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Sunday, January 31, 2010

A late snowed in story

Okay, after yesterday's depressing blog, I thought I'd post something kind of funny that happened. On Thursday morning I was out in Ransom Canyon cleaning a house. It was pouring down rain that morning, you all know that!, then the snow started. I didn't think much about it, besides it wasn't supposed to start that until the afternoon. Well....I was down in the lower canyon in my car. I left and couldn't get up the hill!! I was sliding right back down. You don't always realize what a steep hill that really is sometimes! So....after trying a few times, and watching bigger cars than mine struggle up, I went back down, called my brother and asked him to come pick me up at the top of the hill. I started climbing up the hill, leaving my car behind at the house, and about that time the snow plow started running. He gave me a lift up to the top of the hill to the police station where I hung out while waiting for bro. By the time he was able to get through all the snow in Lubbock and get out there, they had completely plowed the hill. So, the police officer out at Ransom gave me a ride back up the hill and I was able to leave. A big shout out to bro for coming all the way out there, especially since I was able to get out in my car. That was so nice of him to come and try to get me! Anyway, as I was leaving, I was thinking about how I would NEVER take rides from people I don't know, especially men, and here I did it twice in one day! I think they were pretty safe though! After all, one was a policeman. Lesson learned....if snow is forcasted, I need to at least take the Toyota out there! I was afraid that I was going to get stuck out there!

No comments: