....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanks you Lord!

I'm going to once again, blog a post about how much we're blessed! I've been a bit worried that last few days about a bank draft we have coming up next week for my car payment. John and I neither one worked as much last week, due to Thanksgiving, and it's kind of hitting us now. The draft comes out on Wednesday, and he gets paid on Friday. Small problem. It's about $475, so I've been trying to figure out how I'm going to move money, when to deposit, blah, blah, blah. So, anyway, this morning, I go to my first house to clean, and see a note from the lady. She said she wants all of her weekly cleanings in December, gave me a Christmas bonus, and paid for the entire month!!! Guess how much?? $400.00. Then I cleaned another house that was $75, and for all of you math people, that adds up to $475. Now why in the world did I worry and fret over that??? God has promised to take care of us, He proves it time and time again, yet I still have a lack of faith and trust. In church on Sunday, we had a guest speaker, and he had an activity for us to do. On a piece of paper, we wrote down all the things that we were thankful for. Then on the other side, we wrote down what our worries were. (are). Well, finances were on my worry side, then he went on to ask how many of our thankful items were once on the worry side. Just goes to show that God will take care of it. All of them have been on the worry side at one time or another. I want to have the faith not to worry and wring my hands over things like this, God is showing me over and over that He's taking care of it, we've been blessed beyond belief, I need to just remember that and keep praying that I will become a woman of great faith!

5 comments:

Lori E. said...

Mary that is so awesome. I am the same way with worry. I am just glad HE took that off your plate. God is faithful. We are all trying to be.......and....hello, Christmas bonus....that is too cool!!!!!!

Lori E. said...

BTW, I think you have been tagged by Kristen and you have definitely been tagged by me today. Get on it!!

kristen lewis said...

Isn't it amazing when you see God answer your prayers so specifially? I love it! Thank you for sharing!

Stacey said...

What a story! Thanks for sharing. Such a great reminder..we all need it every now and then. God is good! Great news.

Brooke said...

It is funny how we all (me) try to hang on to fixing things ourselves, but when we let go and have faith we are always blessed beyond measure. Thanks for sharing, that is awesome!