....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas List

I just have to share this with my girl-friends, you'll all understand....We got a Christmas list from step-daughter in Midland, among all the gift cards she wants us to buy her, she also included the fact that she wants a Burberry scarf. John didn't even know what it was, so I told him there was no chance we were buying that, he just said okay, and we went on with our lives. Fast forward to yesterday, I was looking at the paper and saw one ON SALE for only, (are you ready??) $295.00! It's a scarf, for crying out loud! Now, don't all of you out there in blog land think that we should buy that for a 16 year old who really wants nothing to do with us? (Now that Christmas is close, that seems to be changing. Hmmmm!!!!) It was amusing, she listed about 4 different places she wanted gift cards from, along with a few other pricey things, then went on to tell us what NOT to buy her. Ungrateful kid! I'm kind of looking forward to Christmas being over, just to see if she "dumps" John again until her birthday gets close. She started this right after she got her birthday presents, and now with Christmas on the way, she's decided that she wants something to do with dad after all. Seems mighty fishy to me, the skeptical stepmom. Only time will tell....

1 comment:

Lori E. said...

Oh for crying out loud, even if I could afford it, I would not spend that on a scarf. This too will pass Mary, you hang in there and PLEASE give her something off of the "I don't want this list"...I feel so sorry for her future spouse. (lol)