....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Sunday, November 30, 2008

What?!?!

A couple of nights ago, we were home, minding our own business, when the doorbell rang. I answered it, and there were a couple of jr high girls standing there with city newspapers, (obviously selling them). I said "hi, what can I do for you?", then they asked me if my parents were home. Woo-hoo!!! I bit back every bit of sarcasm that was just ACHING to come out, but managed with: "I am the parent." They could hardly manage to get anything out after that, and I was a bit taken aback as well, but we managed to end the conversation by my saying, "no thanks, we already get the paper." In one way it drives me nuts that at 31 years old, some people think that my children are my siblings, or I am my husband's child, BUT, on the other hand, who can be upset that at the age of 31, I'm mistaken for a teenager? That just means when I'm 50, people will think I'm 30. Maybe I'll avoid the plastic surgeon and the Botox. (Anybody who knows my aversion to needles, knows neither one of those things will ever get close to me!!!) So, I do want to end by saying, that I AM quite a bit past my teenage years, and I myself, don't think I even remotely look like one!! I most certainly hope I don't act like one, heaven help us!!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

You DO look young Mary! I bet you always get carded when you go to the strip!

kristen lewis said...

I would never go to Vegas with you either. You do look young- I hadn't really thought about it, but you do!

Lori E. said...

Mary.....God has blessed you!!!! You own it and work it girl!!!!