....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hunter Update...

I can't believe I didn't think to talk about this yesterday, so I'm going to do it today! On Monday, Hunter had his first doctor appointment since his ear surgery. We had 2 different hearing tests, and he passed them both with flying colors. The "student audiologist" loves Hunter. This is the 2nd time she's tested him, and she thinks he is so incredibly cute. She said she'd love to take him to school and let everybody test him, and play with him. That's my boy! Anyway, after almost 2 hours of waiting, we finally see the doctor, one tube is clogged, but that's an easy fix, peroxide in the ear once a day, until he "goes bananas" as the doc said, then we're good to go. So, back in a month to see doc. I go up front to pay and schedule the next appointment, get it scheduled and the lady says, "bye, have a nice day", when I remind her I need to pay. Now our insurance doesn't take effect until Dec 1, so I'm still paying full price for everything. No $20 co-pay for us, no sir! :) She responds by saying "The doctor said 'no charge today'"!! Can I even begin to describe what a blessing that was? I was expecting about $200 for that visit! His surgery was roughly 7 grand, so to have the doctor do that was just wonderful. He didn't say anthing to me, so I had no clue. Guess who'll be getting cookies in a month??!! I have to put a plug in for God here, because we've really been diligent in our tithing, and when you least expect it, God sends out the blessings! Monday was proof of that!! Thank you Lord!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise God! That is awesome. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Baby Room Christmas party. Oh yeah, the program is the 16th at 630.

kristen lewis said...

Of course she loves Hunter. What is not to love! And praise the Lord for His faithfulness to His children!

I really enjoyed lunch yesterday. Lets do it again soon.

Brooke said...

Thank goodness we have a Father who is thrilled with thrilling us! Glad to hear the good news on the ear. When you make the doc some cookies...I would love some too. I'm just sayin'....you know you rock those chocolate chip cookies!!!