....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm back from my blog vacation...

Well, what can I say? I took a 10 day break from blogging. Some of my "public" has been trying to convince me to get back in the swing of things, and start back up. You know, I do good while I'm posting every couple of days, but once you take a few days off, it's hard to get back into it. Guess that should tell me something huh? Don't wait long?
Alot has happened since I last blogged, alot I could have blogged about, but I've just been darn lazy. We had the fall festival at church, went to the circus as a fundraising reward for the kids, and had Hunter's 6th birthday. I'll start with the birthday.... My boy is now 6 years old. This has been as hard for me as the start of kindergarten. I truly don't have a baby at all, (actually haven't for about 4 years, but I've been in denial). Six years old definately is considered a kid, not a baby. He's still my sweet boy, but it's just hitting home that the baby part is over, never to return. Unless God throws in a surprise.

Look at the cute birthday hat he got to wear at school that day. It had candles sticking out of the top of it. I shudder to think of all the children that have worn that hat, so I just pushed that thought to the back of my mind, and hurridly snapped the picture.

For our fundraiser this year, we had to sell 6 items, per child, so they could get a circus ticket as their prize. Mom and Dad bought 3 items per child, so I'm so very thankful that we spent, oh, probably a hundred bucks on worthless fundraising items, all so I could save $6 a ticket, and still buy one for me!! Way to help out the economy! The circus was okay, I didn't think to bring any cash, and the kids weren't happy that I wasn't buying them drinks, popcorn, and snow-cones, all which cost $4 each. Yes, $4 for a drink the size of a small Sonic cup. I don't think so. They neither one had been to a circus, so I guess they enjoyed it, it certainly wasn't great, but at least now they've had the experience of it. I certainly won't push a fundraiser next year if that's the prize, it'd be tons cheaper to buy 3 tickets. I'm all for helping out the school, but man, they have much more fun when the school brings in a bouncer and feeds them pizza, (and we have to pay for that as well)!





Okay, I'll quit griping and making myself out to be a cheapskate. Which I am, I just try not to name it that!
Oh, and on a bright note, a couple of weeks ago in the mail, I got a card for 6 free weeks of People. Yes, the magazine. So I sent in the card, and promptly got a bill. It was only $38 for (now I can't remember for sure), several, several weeks, maybe 6 months, so I did it. I splurged! I wouldn't have been able to stomach writing a check for a full year, it is a magazine, for heaven's sake, but I figure I'm working my tail off, I'm gonna splurge a bit, on me, not a kid!! So now I'll be up to date with all you People junkies.
Well, good night for now, think I did fairly well on my first day back!!

1 comment:

Lori E. said...

Yeah Mary, you are back!!! I cannot believe your boy is 6!! Wow, that does not seem possible. I DOOO hope God has a surprise for you in the future so that we can have another baby shower!!!!! And way to go with the "People" you will not regret filling your head with all of the valuable information. Thanks for reading my blog. I think you and my neighbor are the only 2!