....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Excitement!!

Well, once again, we have a story to share from our house! Last night, John was working, usually he calls around 10 just to check in and then I go to bed. I turned off my cell around 9 or so, and then a little after 10 I went on to bed and hadn't heard from him. No worries, figured he was busy and just didn't call. Off to sleep I went. Well, the next thing I know, the doorbell is ringing, the dog is going nuts barking, (and that's not quiet coming from a giant dog!), and as I walk into the living room, being woken out of a dead sleep, there is a flashlight shining into the house through the skinny front window by the door. I somehow knew it was the police, I don't know how I knew that, but I shoved Duchess into the playroom, and by then could tell it was my brother, who is a police officer here in town. So I opened the door, wondering what in the world was wrong, that I'm getting a "police wake-up", he wasn't pounding on the door yet, but I have a feeling that would have been next!! He was also looking extremely concerned. Come to find out, it was only about 10:45, but I'd been asleep long enough that I was dead to the world, and feeling kind of out of it. Of course I asked what in the world was going on, and he just kept asking if I was okay. He probably thought I was on something, since I was in such a daze. Turns out something had happened to the home phone, and when hubs tried to call, it rang and rang on his end, never going to the machine, but it didn't ring at all on my end. He'd been trying my phone, and the home phone alternately about 10 times, and decided something terrible must have happened. So, he called my brother, who in turn got worried on his end. Obviously, the worst part of the whole thing is that it took me quite awhile to go back to sleep after all that!! I love having a police officer in the family, he's so handy! Although I wouldn't recommend having the police wake you up out of a deep sleep on a regular basis. This morning I unplugged the phones, and plugged them back in, then they worked again. It might have been a power surge or something, I don't know, but all is well now!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

That would freak me out, having someone knock on my door at night...especially when hubs was not home. But you do have the horse dog to protect you!