....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Saturday, November 15, 2008

Lazy Cookie Day!

Today, John and Emily have gone to San Angelo to visit his grandparents, so Hunter, Janae, and I have been left home alone. Is anyone feeling desperately sorry for me, or all are you all insanely jealous??? We have had a marvelous day, I didn't even get out of bed until around 10, I was finishing a good book, then took a bath, and finally got dressed by 11:30. After that we went and did a bit of shopping and had lunch. (Target's One Spot is going to make me go broke! Probably spent $15-$20 there.) Back home, and Janae wanted to make cut-out cookies. It's a messy job, but they had fun with it.

I absolutely love lazy days like this. It's so nice after a crazy, busy week. Last night our church had a ladies night with our former music minister coming to talk about decorating for the holidays on a budget. I really, really enjoyed it, and I'm inspired now. I CAN do it! They had a drawing for a door prize, and I won it!! I never win anything, but now I can go to Hobby Lobby with $40 to spend. WOW! I will be there on Monday bright and early. I refrained from going today, really didn't want to take the kiddos. I want to go, and take all the time in the world to look around, and gear myself up to start decorating. If I would have known how good the evening was going to be, I would have called all of you and harrassed you to come with me. I'm not very creative, but I realized you don't have to be.....you can copy other people's ideas. So, here we go. I'm not going to start actually doing anything until after Thanksgiving, I think Thanksgiving gets pushed aside, and I want to remember that first. There's a very important message behind the holiday, and we as a nation need to remember it, so Christmas needs to wait until after that for our family! Have a wonderful weekend friends....they're about to get busy, busy!

No comments: