....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Thursday, July 16, 2009

Update on the doggie

It's been a week since my last depressing post, so I thought I'd probably better do an update. Aztec is doing better, she seems back to her old self. For several days, I agonized about whether it was time to put her to sleep, especially since we are about to leave for a summer trip. She is still on antibiotics for the infection, and pain pills, and seems to be feeling fine now. So, I've decided that it isn't time yet. She's eating and drinking, and I'm keeping her inside except for potty breaks so she won't get too hot. I'm afraid that if she gets really hot, her heart will have to work harder with all the panting to cool her off. My wonderful brother has agreed to come over a couple of times a day while we are gone to let her out for a break, and we're going to ask a neighbor to come over once a day as well. I still know that she probably doesn't have just a long time, but for now, I'm not a mess about it anymore, not in tears everytime I think about it!! Wish me luck, we're headed to San Angelo on Saturday for John's family reunion......., then home for a couple of days, then onto San Antonio. By the way, does anybody happen to have season tickets that they would love to loan me for next week to Sea World??? I'd be extra appreciative to save $250!! You'd be my friend forever....

5 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm glad Aztec is back to her old self! How sweet of your brother to help out; that way you can really enjoy your vacay!!!:)

Anonymous said...

I am glad too. I hope you enjoy your vacation. We will be travelling too...in the rv...woo hoo!!!

Brooke said...

I am glad all is going well now. Enjoy your vacation! IF we had passes I would sure let you use them!!!

Angie said...

So glad to hear your pup's feeling a little better! I'm thinking that we should all sit down and discuss all our families vacation plans for next year....I'm thinking that the Boltons did SeaWorld this year, so did we, and now you guys. We could've all gone in together on season passes and then passed them around thus saving us all a ton of $$!!

Lori E. said...

yeah!! I am way behind on blogs, and just now reading this, but so happy to hear that. Glad you had fun in San Antonio. Yea, the heat is different from here. I can't believe I use to live there. Weighed a lot less, because of the constant sweating. lol