....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Sunday, July 26, 2009

We're home!!!

What a fun trip! We left on Tuesday morning to head to San Antonio. We got there in time to go on a Riverwalk Riverboat tour in the afternoon. Not the best time to go. You want to talk about HOT?? I was sweating buckets. And everyone reading this blog knows that I don't get hot. Whew, that humidity takes some getting used to. But it was lots of fun. We hadn't ever gone to the riverwalk before, but this time our hotel was right on it, and so we decided to go. Our boat driver enjoyed running Hunt and Janae into some plants growing on the side of the "shore". They thought it was fun.
We also went to the Alamo on Tuesday afternoon when we got there. No pictures were allowed inside, but it was very moving to go in there and see the history that happened there. All of that was within walking distance of the hotel, so it was easy to get to.

Wednesday morning, we headed to the animal safari. This is Hunter standing up in the sunroof for the best view. The kids really enjoyed it.


This is the best picture I could get of the zebra inside the car. He actually was in a little further, but by the time the camera clicked, he had pulled out some. He started snorting, and all the kids, (well the girls) started screaming. Such bravery.



The petting zoo part of the safari. There was one little pig and the rest were goats. Lots of babies, the kids enjoyed feeding them. They started chewing on shoestrings, and the hems of our shorts. It was funny.




Sea World here we come. Of course we got a picture with the dolphin and "Shamu". Once again, whew was it hot!





We bought 3 trays of fish to feed the dolphins with and by the time I had taken Hunter's picture, Janae had already emptied out her tray, so I didn't get a pic of her. And of course there were only 5 fish in each tray, and it was $12, so I didn't get more food to get a picture of her. Next time, I'll know to start with her. Well, I'm off to the airport to get my parents, they are coming home from Africa. It was a fun trip, but I'm glad to be home!






5 comments:

kristen lewis said...

Our day at Seaworld was 104. I thought I was going to die. It looks like you guys had a fun trip. Welcome home!

Angie said...

Our day at Seaworld was 85. Of course, it was April. And we had to ditch school one day to do it. But it was worth it! Glad you guys had a great time and glad you're back!

Laurie said...

Glad you had a great time and glad your home safe!! Enjoyed seeing the pics of your trip, especially the Zebra, I would have probably screamed too!:)

Staci said...

That looks like so much fun! We are thinking about taking the kids to San Antonio next summer. I'm thinking we should try and make it a beginning of June trip rather than a mid-July trip. The kids seemed to hold up well despite the heat, though.

Stacey said...

So glad you had fun! I just love the drive thru safari! Our fam got quite friendly with an ostrich in our car...so love the pic of a zebra for your crew! :) Great pics!