....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's a dog's life...

Okay, this post is mostly about the water bill, I need to gripe a little bit, but today as I looked out the window, I happened to see this poor, poor, mistreated dog laying out in the backyard. I thought it was quite humorous that she was laying half on and half off of the clubhouse. Doesn't everyone feel sorry for her?
She leads such a rough life. Now....on for my griping. Last month our water bill was $123. What??? Now, I have to say that this does NOT include electric, we have another company for electricity, and that in itself is another story. So, this bill is for water, sewer, storm drainage, (whatever that is!) and garbage. Well, I paid last month, our bill is generally about $75 in the summer, so this was way high already. I vaguely remembered hearing that the water rates were going to go up, and the citizens of our fair city were in somewhat of an uproar, but I didn't ever really investigate it.
Well, yesterday I got this month's water bill. Ready??? $150!!!!! What the heck?? I looked at it and they are charging us over $4 per thousand gallons used in peak hours. And we had ALOT of peak usage. We've been letting the kids do the water/trampoline thing in the afternoons some while it's so hot, but only for 10 minutes tops. So, we decided no more of that. Then today, in the middle of the morning, as I was loading up the washing machine with load number 3 of about 6, for our mid-week washing, I realized how much water I was using in the middle of the day doing laundry. And the dishwasher was ready for me to run it as well. I got to thinking that it's GOT to be that causing our bill to skyrocket. Isn't that the stupidest thing??? It's the same amount of water that I'd be using in the evenings or middle of the night, but I'm getting screwed by washing during the day. All I can say is: this stinks! I'm going to start doing dishes and laundry around (not during) the hours of 10am-6pm and see what next month's bill is. Just a warning to everyone, be careful how much you wash......

5 comments:

kristen lewis said...

That is ridiculous. Seriously. Thanks for the warning- I always do laundry during the day.

Staci said...

Wow, Mary! Our bill went up this month too, but I didn't consider the timing. Looks like I should adjust too.

Laurie said...

I am glad you brought that to my attention...I might start doing loads of laundry at night...hmmm!

BTW...we found Janae's sunscreen in our backseat...I will try to drop it off in your door sometime in the next few days!:)

Stacey said...

Yikes! Good to know! Thanks for being our little PI!

Angie said...

Oh man....that really stinks! I guess I'd better start paying better attention to ours. We do lots of water/trampolining too! Plus, I do ALL our washing during peak hours, like most normal people of course. Who in their right mind does laundry at 2 am??