....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor day means work for momma.....

This is how my children were entertaining themselves in the backyard tonight. They were fully supervised by a "horse" and a dog, so I didn't worry that they were out there for an hour and 1/2 without running in and out of the house!! tee, hee Hunter has a new form of "hair gel".

I was actually enjoying the peace and quiet so much that I have to admit I didn't really care what they were doing. Janae didn't look quite as bad, thankfully she didn't put it in her hair. (It's only mud, by the way) By the time I got the camera out, she was already in the shower.
What a mess!!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute, I've been meaning to let the girls play in mud... now I'm motivated for it!

Brooke said...

FUN! They would fit in perfectly at our house....that is just about a daily event 'round these parts!

Laurie said...

You know they had fun!! Janae's too quick for you to snap a pic! How many times did you wash Hunter's hair to get the mud out? Cass got mud/sand in her hair at the river Saturday...I washed it at least 4 times to get all the sand out which was sticking to her scalp!! I feel your labor!!

kristen lewis said...

Ick.

Angie said...

You're such a good mom Mary. I'm too uptight and impatient to let the boys play in the mud more than once a year. Maybe if I had a mudroom (or a martini) I'd be more willing. Or both!

Anonymous said...

How fun..My kids would think I had completely lost my mind if I encouraged them to play in the mud.