....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ruidoso Weekend!

We got to go back to Ruidoso this past weekend. John had loads to do for school, so Janae, Hunter and I packed up and went. My brother, sis-in-law, and sweet niece went at the same time we did, Friday night, then my parents came on Saturday morning. It was so incredibly relaxing, up on top of a mountain, feels like you are in the middle of nowhere, with nothing that just has to be done right now. Ahhhh, this is the life! The only downside of the weekend, was that there was a big motorcycle rally going on. And let me tell you, there were motorcycles there. Loads of them. Didn't know so many could be in one little town. Hmmm, at least they had pulled extra police in to "beef up" security. The main problem was the noise factor. When we were in the village, it was so annoying, but up on the mountain, we didn't hear a thing. Some day I'm going to get me a bear. I love these bears. This was back behind our cabin, and Hunter wanted a pic with it.

Same little buggy that we took his picture on last year, he wanted a "repeat"!

And last year, we took all of our picture from here, it overlooks the Inn of the Mountain God's lake. It was forcasted to be in the low to mid 50's but ended up being in the upper 60s on Saturday afternoon. It was just beautiful. No wind, no sound......



Like I said, I need a bear.....



At the pool, with Megan and baby Kylie. No swimming for them, so of course I stayed out to keep them company. Janae and Hunt played with Grandpa and Uncle J in the pool. So fun! Hope we get to do it again next year! I could have stayed a lot longer, but alas, we had to get up at 6:30 to make it back to Lubbock today for Hunter's first football game this afternoon. Until next year!


5 comments:

kristen lewis said...

I love the picture of you with the kids. That sounds like just about a perfect weekend!

Laurie said...

Ruidoso is one of my favorite places on earth! What a great weekend!! (even with the motorcycles!)

Angie said...

I love the mountains!! So glad you got to have a fun and relaxing time and I am STILL thinking that is one great haircut!

Stacey said...

Great pics! Love love love Ruidoso! So glad you all had a nice time.

Lori E. said...

That sounds so wonderful. I want to go to there. (if you watch 30 Rock you get that) Janae does not look happy by the bear in the first shot. AND when did your sister in law have her baby? It seems like just yesterday you had just found out that she was preggers. We were at Clay Cafe....has it been that long since I have been an artist?