....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Sunday, August 9, 2009

Fun weekend!

Okay, this is a bit of a story, but here we go. That hot tub that my parents gave us a couple of summers ago, sitting on our back porch and not working....well, we finally found someone to take it off our hands. We were willing to give it away, just somebody who wanted it needed to come and get it. A lady that John had worked with, was the person that we needed. Anyway, she had offered the kids a gerbil as kind of a "swap" since we just gave her the hot tub. Unfortunately, the swap didn't include anything but the animal itself. So, after momma saying "NO" for 3 weeks, I finally gave in. Friday night we were at PetSmart looking for the cage, bedding and food. Well, at that point, John couldn't get in touch with her. So, we are standing inside the store, with 2 very excited kids to put it mildly, and no animal. We ended up getting it at the store. (the gerbil) It is a cute little thing, although it looks disturbingly like a mouse, with a rat's tail. I won't think about that. Now we have 2 dogs, 2 fish, and a gerbil. And....after seeing G-Force, Hunter wants a guinea pig. John went and told him that if he can help with the gerbil, we will think about it for his b-day in November. Now Hunt is telling anyone who will listen he's getting a guinea pig for his birthday.

We went and shopped for school supplies on Friday as well. Found a kite on clearance for $.75 and grabbed it for Hunter. Then went back on Saturday and got one for Janae, so we went out to the high school on Saturday afternoon and flew kites. They really had fun, and you can't beat 2 dollars for an afternoon of fun.



And, by the way, my daughter is entering 4th grade, and going to be switching classes and needed a binder. That thing was $18.00!!! I nearly fell over. And she will probably need one for at least 3 more years, through middle school. Actually that's 4 more years! I decided that we need to move to Cooper, they don't have to buy school supplies. I spent $160, and that was just for Hunter and Janae. Last weekend, we spent $112 on band supplies for Emily, and won't even know what supplies she will need for school until the first week. At least the checkbook will have time to recover. Ah, time for summer to be drawing to an end. Every year, I think that I'm not going to wait until the end to get all this done, and every year I end up waiting. Have PTA meetings, all 3 kids dental appts, band practice, and working just this week! I won't know what to do with myself on the 1st day of school! And just to let you all know, Hunter has his 1st loose tooth. Doesn't seem possible that my "baby" is going into 1st grade, and about to lose a tooth. And it's late for the tooth, I was going to ask the dentist, he's 6 1/2 and I was starting to wonder! Okay, I'm finished prattling on for now, have a wonderful week!



5 comments:

kristen lewis said...

Wow! You guys were busy. I am not a fan of the rodents for pets, which is funny because I had two guinea pigs and a mess of hamsters. I am hoping that my kids never want one. . . You are a better mom than me.

Laurie said...

I too gave in...to a dwarf hamster--dwarf hamsters have no tail and I can somehow handle that better--Mr. Whiskers looks like he has a similar "house" to your gerbil! How exciting for the kids!

You are scaring me about school supplies...Gav starts band this year and we are supposed to stop by the band hall and pick up a band supply list also! UGH!

GNO--girls night out!:)

Anonymous said...

COOPER RULES!!!! I have to buy a binder and lunchbox..the fun stuff. We will take your two anytime you are ready ;)!!

Angie said...

You don't have to buy school supplies at Cooper? What's up w/ that?

Good luck w/ the critters. I had 2 hamsters when I was a young lass. Fuzzy and Wuzzy were their names. I won't traumatize you w/ my story though.

Staci said...

$18 for a binder?!? Holy cow!! Was it gold plated?

Btw, it's only Cooper North that gets free supplies. The rest of us have to cough up funds for school stuff. But $18 for a binder? Was it Coach? Gucci? Juicy?