....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Sunday, August 16, 2009

If you get grossed out easily......

Tuesday night, I had a board meeting with the PTA of our new school. I am the Box Top Coordinator, so I am on the board. Anybody impressed yet?? ha, ha (on a side note, feel free to save me your box tops if you don't save them for your school!!) Well, I went to pick up another lady, her son went to Kindergarten with Hunter, and she offered to let my kids stay with her hubs and kids. They have a 12 year old daughter, and of course Hunt was eager to stay with his friend, so that's what we did. The meeting lasted simply forever, 3 hours later, we just left! It was still going strong. We both very foolishly turned our phones on vibrate, and didn't hear them ringing. So, we got back to their house, about 10pm, and her husband met us at the door, saying they had a "little accident". I naturally assumed that Hunter probably did/had something minor done to him, no big deal. Uh, no. It was Janae, she got banged up pretty bad. They were playing football in the backyard, and Hunt's friend, a 6 year old, tackled her. She hit the fence, broke her glasses, and the part of the frame that the earpiece attatches to stabbed her in the side of the head. It was bandaged up when I got there, thought about taking her up to the hospital to see Daddy, but even though he's a nurse, it's my opinion that he over reacts sometimes, so I elected to just go home and put her in bed.

We got home, and I looked at it, and it didn't look good at all. Two deep "scratches" and one really deep "hole". (remember, I warned you about the gross-out factor!!) So, the one good thing about having a nurse in the house is that you have all the supplies you could ever hope for. I put a steri-strip on her, neosporin, gauze and tape. She was pretty upset about it all, mainly because they couldn't get ahold of us to let me know, and come get her. Plus by now, it was 11pm, and she was exhausted. The funny thing is, the last thing she told me before I left her to go to sleep, was "don't take a picture of this, and put it on your blog!!" Well, that was on Tuesday, and now on Sunday, she's finally okay with it. Aren't all of you happy about that? It's starting to bruise, and turn yellow now, but it's healing. Her hip has a giant bruise too, but no pics of that! So, the next night, when it was time to change the bandage, Dad got a look at it, and was not happy. He thought she should have had a couple of stitches. Good thing I didn't take her up there, huh? She would have FREAKED out! I probably would have too!! Sometimes, the scars and a bit of scar tissue is okay! Thank goodness for a warranty on her glasses, paid $10, and got a new frame. Those were $100 frames, so anybody with kids, make sure you get a warranty. When we did it, I really didn't expect her to break her glasses, and she didn't....somebody else did! The warranty still works though!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Ouch! So sorry, Janae!!

Laurie said...

You got to have those warranties!! I cash in on Gavin's every year!!! Janae was a trooper today. Her bandage came off in the water, but I think it actually looks better. She told me to put a bandaid back on after the pool. I asked her is it because it hurts? no...she said, because I don't want to look at it! Such a girlie girl!! :)

Brooke said...

Ouch!! I'm with you ...I'd rather have a tiny scar than stitches!!

Lori E. said...

Wow, glad it was not any worse. Don't leave her there again. Yes, the warranty is a great thing. We only have it on one of our children though. The one who has gone through 2 cell phones, 2 I-pods, numerous basketball clothes--THE ONE WHO WOULD LOSE HIS HEAD IF IT WERE NOT ATTACHED. Sorry, the memories made me yell.