....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Sunday, August 30, 2009

Off my chest..

Okay, I have to get something off my chest. I was just looking at entertainment news, and saw that the Eddie guy that Leanne Rimes is fooling around with, filed for divorce from his wife. (Whoever saw that coming???) Anyway, what ticks me off, is that the press is already calling her his "ex-wife". Just because he filed?? They are still married, but as long as they aren't "together", it seems to be just fine to be fooling around. Not that being married was stopping either one of them, but it's just such a sad way to live your life. I'm so thankful that I was raised by parents who believed that marriage is for life, to one person. I really don't think that I would still be with that one person if they hadn't instilled that so deeply into me. It's been a rough, hard road, some days I wouldn't re-live again for a million bucks, but we're married for life. And, in one way, I've seen first hand what divorce does to a family, since the person that I married has been divorced and already had a family. Not for me, thank you very much. Well. I'm finished with that, thank you for letting me vent!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Preach on sistah Mary!!! Those superstars seem to have it all...money, glam, fame...but happiness I doubt. I too am thankful for my parent's marriage that has been an example to me.

Lori E. said...

I agree Mary, marriage is taken too lightly and the fooling around happens way to often. It is a slippery slope. I also agree that marriage is HARD, not always a walk in the park.:-)