....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Sunday, May 24, 2009

Awards and Graduation Days

Hunter's kindergarten graduation was on Wednesday last week. He has officially "passed" kindergarten. Bittersweet, it went so fast, and he is growing up waaaaay too fast for me! John is ready to just have another one and start over, but I on the other hand, am not! I have loved every age that they have gone through, and I just can't be sad while I'm watching them grow and learn daily, but the time is sure flying by!! Here he is with his wonderful teacher, Mrs. Haggard. I wouldn't trade his year with her for anything. Principal Mr. Smith and assistant principal Mrs. Davis. Mr. Smith is going to the new Frenship school that we are going to. Exciting!!


Close up shot from far away during graduation. It was so funny, every one of those kids sat there yawning during the entire thing, and it started at 9am! They did so good, and had the cutest little songs. I would put one on here to show, but right now, I'm just to lazy to get up and get the video camera out to figure all that out!!

Onto Janae. Like how dressed up she was?? I sent extra clothes, her awards were in the afternoon, and I thought she might want to change, but doesn't look like it. She's here with her teacher, Mrs. Downing, and assistant principal. She got an award for perfect attendance, A honor roll, her art piece that was in the art show, outstanding citizenship (character), and reading 100 AR points this year. We'd been trying for perfect attendance every year, and every year she'd end up being sick one day in the last 6 weeks. We made it this year!! Woo-hoo!
By the way, her teacher has been AWESOME as well. I absolutely love her, she's been wonderful for Janae. Every year, I think that she has just the best teacher and really hate to lose them, (except Kindergarten for Janae :( ), but the next year, we've always gotten someone else who is just wonderful, and is making an impact on her life. I cannot say enough about Frenship teachers. This is Mrs. Davis again, assistant principal helping with awards.




Well, I suppose that we've just about made it through another year, just have end of the year parties to go to on Friday!! Last day of school will be this coming Friday, and usual I will be sniffing when it's time to say good-bye to the teachers!!!



2 comments:

Laurie said...

I second that about Frenship teachers--the best around! Way to go Janae for getting perfect attendance! Trav and I always laugh because we know our kids will never make that! Glad your kids had a great year! It's a whole new ball game next year!:)

Lori E. said...

ooooohhhhh your kids are so cute and so great. Good job mom and dad. I gotta say mostly mom, cause I KNOW what all you do for your kids. Yes, it is transition time again. Does not seem possible. SUMMER ROCKS though!!!