....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Thursday, May 7, 2009

Whoo-hooo-hooo!!!!

I saw in Target's newspaper ad on Sunday that they had this fabulous vacuum on sale. I watch all the ads every week, just because I've wanted one so bad for so long, but just could not bear to spend the regular price for it. It's an amazing vacuum, but it's still a vacuum, for heaven's sake!! Anyway, this week it was on sale for $110 dollars off. I talked to hubs Sunday afternoon, after his nap, (had to catch him in a happy mood!!) and he told me to go get it. Well, the ad said that quanities were limited, and no rain checks, so I was doubtful that it would be there, it was already after 6pm when we left. And we had to make an extremely fast trip, because at 7, The Amazing Race was on, and I thought, mistakenly, it was the last one. So. We went, and they were gone, probably gone by 8:30 am if I had to guess, but then when I got home I had the brilliant idea to check on-line, and guess what?? It was on sale there too, and free shipping!! Whoo-hoo. So I had to wait a couple of days to get it, 4 to be exact, but that's okay. It's well worth it.
Look at this girl go! Our old vacuum was really too heavy and hard for her to push, so she wanted to try the new one out, and she just went to town. I cannot believe that my baby is old enough to vacuum her own room. How cool is that?? I guess I shoud probably start having her make her own bed, huh?? Well, yes, I did vacuum the whole house, I just love it! It's the Dyson Animal if anyone wants to know or cares. The most expensive one, but we have two dogs that do come in the house, and one of them sheds like crazy, so I wanted to get the vacuum that was designed for the pet hair. And boy, did we vacuum up pet hair! And alot of dirt too!


Well, since I can't make this silly blog do paragraphs, I'll just change colors, and you can pretend that it's a new paragraph for the next subject. Hunter went to his "2nd opinion" doctor today, and well, all is still the same. No magic cure. The doctor agreed that yes, it's something he's just going to have to grow out of. But he actually said that it isn't all that unusual for a 6 year old to be going through this. He said you hear about the infants and little children more, just because of how many thousands of those cases there are. He said that just recently he put a 5th set of tubes in a 14 year old girl. Oh my, I hope we don't have 8 more years of this. Hunter has lost some hearing, but nothing major at this time. He said that it might affect him in maybe sitting nearer the front of the classroom, but nothing like hearing aids. No tubes for now, he really didn't have fluid, he suggested that at the first sign of a runny nose that maybe we get him on antibiotics instead of waiting until it's a massive infection, which is when Hunt first starts complaining. We never know until it starts to hurt him, then it's at the point of rupture. So, the good news is that it's not something that is just unheard of, the bad news is that we may be in for a long road with this. It's already gone on for 5 years, what's a few more?? In the winter, when the runny nose starts, we may have to consider tubes again, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. I'm glad we went, it was a $20 co-pay, and even though we don't know alot more, I do know that there's not much that we could have been doing and haven't. He did suggest that maybe we consider allergy testing, but John and I aren't really thinking we want to go that route right now. I sure would hate to tramatize him with all those sticks. I wouldn't want to do it to myself. Again, maybe on down the road if we have to, then he would be older and be able to handle it better.


Good night for now!


4 comments:

Laurie said...

Awesome! I have loved my Dyson! Has never lost suction, even when my hubs tried to break, I mean "clean" it!

We are SO into Amazing Race over here! It is one of our faves! Finale this Sundy---but it's 3 hours!!!;)

Laurie said...

Do you like how I spelled Sunday????

Brooke said...

WOW...lucky girl!!! I have always wanted a Dyson! Sounds like it was a great deal. I am glad Hunt is OK right now. I guess you'll have to take it season by season at this point.

Lori E. said...

Mary, I am getting caught up on blogs. You have been blogging. Way to go!! I am going to comment on more than one, cause you know that is how I roll. I love the vacuum cleaner, it looks complicated but I bet it rocks! I watched the final amazing race last night. Sad it is over. I am glad you got some peace about Hunter's ears. And I do not believe that you could REALLY be cruel to the cats in your neighborhood,er, yard. I think it is amusing that you are so gung ho about it!!!!
Jennifer A. ( I WISH)