....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

Today, of course, is Memorial Day. We didn't do much, just had a day off from school. (With only 4 more days to go!) I took the kids out to Legacy Play Village this morning, and they absolutely had a blast! They ran all over the place, and I just followed them from a distance. It's so nice that they are big enough that I can just pick a bench to hold down, and keep an eye on them. I don't have to follow every step they take! We stayed there about an hour, then went to another park for about an hour. We had to get out of the house so Dad could have some quiet while he slept. This afternoon, they got to play on the trampoline with the sprinklers on. They love that, but I'm so afraid that they're going to slip and break an arm or a leg up there.
Duchess likes to "play" in the sprinklers also. She tries to eat the sprinkler head while it's shooting out water.


This is what happens while she's trying to eat it......

It just came unscrewed, thank goodness! Next time, she will be locked safely in the house while we water! I'd hate to have to call the sprinkler guy over because of this giant dog eating the head off!!






Happy Memorial Day! Many thanks and much gratitude to all who are serving or who have served. Especially my cousin, Brandon, a Captain in the USMC!! He's been to Iraq twice, and it sure hits home and makes you appreciate all of these men and women, past and present, for all they have done for us. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Them some cute kids, Mary!! That is funny, your "horse" tearing up the sprinkler!

Laurie said...

Looks like ya'll had a relaxing day off! Can't wait for summer!:)

Anonymous said...

My kids used to love to play with the water and the trampoline. Wow I can not believe how big our babies are getting!!

Stacey said...

Such fun times! Trampoline + water! Cute kiddos!

Angie said...

My boys love jumping on the trampoline in the water too. At least we have nets around them now. That almost makes me feel better about it!

Laurie said...

We made it girl---last day of school! I tagged you--you'll have to check out my post (yeah, another one)!:)