....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Saturday, October 18, 2008

"Cabinetry Work"

Our cabinets in the kitchen, (and the whole house), are quite boring. Every house that this builder has built has the exact same cabinets, the only choice you have is in picking the color. So....we are trying to do small things to set our house apart from every other one in our area. One of the easy things we could do was to put handles and knobs on the kitchen cabinets and drawers. I think it turned out rather lovely!
We only made one "boo-boo" and have an extra set of holes in one of the drawers. We very foolishly assumed that all the drawers were the same size, and just started drilling holes. Not smart! So we're going to have to patch and stain over 2 extra holes. Ah well, we wouldn't have a good project in our house if we couldn't mess it up at least a little bit.


Now I'm thinking that the bathrooms and the laundry room need to be next. We are thinking of putting a wider and bigger cabinet in the laundry room, and then moving the laundry room cabinets to the master bath, which has only one individual cabinet above the toilet. I'm not entirely sure we want to take on hanging cabinets. I may have to call our trusty "crown-molding" installer to take on that project! My sweet friend Stacee's hubby did a great job with that, and I'm sure he could probably whip those cabinets into shape in no time. But, that will be another day, and another time!

Had girl's night here last night, as always that was quite entertaining! I just love my girlfriends, they are good for the soul! Good luck to my sweet friend Kristen, who is about to have a sweet little baby girl! We all can't wait!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Hey! That looks great! You guys are so handy!