....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Sunday, October 19, 2008

The joys of the mop.....

My kitchen floor goes on and on and on......which I do like, it avoids spills on the carpet under the dining table, but it is an awful lot of mopping, which I don't like. That's probably actually my least favorite household chore, mainly because there is so much of it! I'd rather clean toilets than drag out the mop and bucket. It's kind of a mixed feeling, because I am glad that I don't have to worry about drinks spilling on the floor, but you know every single time that I mop all that tile, it never fails, that within 48 hours something amazingly sticky gets spilled on it. So, I mopped on Friday, had scrapbooking here Friday night, and I will plead the 5th on how long it had actually been since the mop and the floor connected before then, some things are better left unsaid. (Plus I don't actually know!) So, fast-forward to tonight, and the 14 year old drops the pickle jar and of course it shatters all over the kitchen floor. (big, big sigh). Out comes the mop and the bucket again. I just did the whole floor again. Now, we'd better not play this game spill something on the floor again, for at least a week!!!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I agree mopping really, really sucks. Did you mop up the mud I tracked in?!?!

Mary said...

Yes, I swept that up on Saturday. ...all that talk about cows, I wanted to make sure it was mud and not something else........