....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Friday, October 10, 2008

Surgery Day

Okay, today was the big day! Hunter slept in this morning until 8:30, which was perfect, because we had to leave about 8:50. We gave him a little present for his big day, just to help keep him distracted......a dinosaur! He loved it and was so surprised! He asked, "why didn't you tell me I was getting a present?" Cute, cute!

On to the surgery center, still no visible nervousness going on, he got a gown with tigers on it and actually kind of liked it! They gave him a dose of Versed right about this time, just to keep him calm, and he got really loopy. It was really quite entertaining, he was trying hard to stay awake, and was acting like he was so incredibly silly. We laughed and laughed, which was also good for me!
Off in the little red wagon! They gave him the choice whether to ride in the wagon, or have the nurse carry him, and he picked the wagon. Don't think he could have even walked back there, he was so loopy he was falling all over himself at this point, but he went with her without a backward look. Didn't bother him at all.

After it was all over, the anestheologist came and told us that he so worked hard to blow in the balloon (the one that was going to put him to sleep), he was trying pop it. He was a little champ, the recovery room nurse said he was the best kid she'd had in a long time. He was a big boy, and I'm proud of him. My biggest prayer was that he'd be courageous and brave, and boy, was he ever!!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Sounds like it went perfect! Thank you Lord!! I am so glad it was easy. Cute pictures!

kristen lewis said...

Way to go, Hunter! What a big kid!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Mr. Hunter!!! I am so thankful that things went so smoothly for you all. Thank you God.

Lori E. said...

Mary, I am so glad everything went so smoothly and this will be the final procedure and cure for Mr. Hunter and he will not have another ear infection. I am speaking that over him and praise God for picking you up and getting yall through it all.