....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Monday, October 27, 2008

Pictures!

We have been busy trying to buy things a little at a time to make our house look nicer. Back in the spring, I painted, but the walls have been looking bare since then. We have a huge dining room wall that was just bare. So we went to Kirkland's over the weekend and found a mirror that we liked for it. I'd like to get a couple of the 18" metal crosses from Hobby Lobby and add them to the sides, then I think that this wall will be finished. Next, on to the entry way....this picture is also from Kirkland's, I love that store!



It was half off, so we grabbed it. I'd like to get a small table to put under it, try to dress up the entry. I realize I'll have to move the dog to get it completely dressed up, but until then I guess she's okay. After the table, I've GOT to get some kind of window treatments for the living room. We have 6 windows in the living room and all they have are blinds. We need something with some material. But, whew, that's usually expensive. Although....maybe I could talk Quilty Chick into giving me a hand and actually making something. I'm thinking this as I type. Whatcha think, Quilty Chick? I know you're "crazy busy", and probably don't want to take on any project from me, but a bit of advice at least? Maybe?
I also bought some letters for the kid's names that I'm going to put in their rooms. I've always loved those, and found them for half off at Hobby Lobby. I did good with the sales this weekend! Hooray! I'll show pictures of those after I get them up. The mirror and the picture took up all our time to hang on Saturday night, we didn't get to the letters. Maybe tonight I'll do the letters, and show the pictures tomorrow. Bye for now, I'm off to change sheets, and start on the mounds of laundry that never ends......




5 comments:

Stacey said...

Looks great!! I love your new stuff! When Q Chick is done with you, send her to my house.

Lori E. said...

Mary, I am getting caught up on your blog. Your house looks great and the pumpkin carving looked fun. Good luck getting Quilty Chick to help you out she is a VERY BUSY PRINCESS!!!! lol

kristen lewis said...

You are a domestic diva!

Brooke said...

That looks fabulous!!! I would love to help you!!!! Get ideas of what you like from magazines and TV, and let me know!

Brooke said...

WHA...?? I just read the rest of the comments! As a princess I can arrange my schedule as I please!! And yes I will be off to help Bolton when I am done with you!