....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkins!

It's pumpkin time! I finally broke down and went and bought pumpkins. The kids love to draw the faces on them, and just color all over them. So on Wednesday I finally had some cash, and we got a couple of pumpkins. Well, after they marked all over them, Dad said they could carve a face into it. So last night, they all went to work. Mom stayed out of the way and kept the camera handy, much to Dad's chagrin. He didn't much appreciate the pictures, but what's a story on the blog without pictures???



Here is Dad giving some sort of meaningless instructions before beginning......




...Janae being throughly disgusted by the inside of the pumpkins. I know that she's seen the inside before, but I guess she didn't remember. Dad made her pull out one handful of the insides, then he did the rest. Hunter did as well, and he didn't like it either, but I didn't get a picture of that!
Now here is Dad finishing up the "gutting" process





And.....the finished project! They turned out pretty well, not a professional job, but he did good!

How do you like all the marker all over the faces? It was a decent picture before it all got cut up......



No comments: