....a little bit of what's going on in my life today...

...a little bit of what's going on in my life today....







Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Here I Am Again!

My life has been relatively boring in the last week, but quite busy just the same. Getting ready for surgery on Friday, I feel like I've been driving to "the medical district" 20 times a day. It's not that bad of course, but when I went to the doctor's office on Monday to pick up the paperwork, they couldn't find it. So.....on my way home, they called and told me they did find it. So that was probably 1 1/2 hours of my day just driving back and forth over there. And I've been writing the checks, whew, have I ever! This is NOT going to be cheap! Not that it matters, because we'll do whatever we need to for our boy. Anyway, after I'd gone over there twice on Monday morning, that afternoon, the anesthesia office called and said they needed to be paid before Friday. So, another trip today. It is almost a 30 minute drive from our house, simply because you have to go straight through town to get there.

I had a bit of a meltdown in church on Sunday, struggling a bit with all of this, but strangely not the surgery itself, I really have no worries about that, but more about Hunter's reaction to it. He had not been told at that time, he knew he was going to get tubes, just not when. Well, John told him on Monday morning, and he was fine with it. I asked if he wanted me to take the camera, and take a picture of him with his doctor, (whom he loves), and he is all for it. I think he's going to be fine, may have a little trouble leaving when it's time to go into the O.R., but the prayers are working, because my main concern was that he was going to be really troubled and upset over it all, and he's taking it very calmly. Thank you Lord!

Other than this, everything is smooth sailing in our house lately! I have to put a plug in for the new movie "Fireproof"....GO SEE IT! It was great, I took the kids last weekend, John was out of town, and he and I are going to go see it on Monday, if all goes as planned. It is well worth those stinkin' expensive theater tickets, although I'm paying matinee prices both times! Even those are getting on up there! I absolutely love all those movies, "Facing the Giants" is one of my favorite movies ever, and it still makes me cry everytime I watch it. I wish I had that kind of faith, working on it, and will get there!

I will report back on Friday with surgery details and a picture of my brave kid! Soon you'll be able to read about something else, sure everyone is getting sick of all this talk about ears!!! I am, I'm ready for it to be done and over with.

Just for kicks, I'm going to let you crazy scrapbook girls in on an absolutely crazy dream that I've had a couple of times in the last week......I'm dreaming that I'm pregnant! Hmmm....should I take a test? I think not! Although, we got the insurance paperwork, and it covers maternity at 80% with no waiting period. No way Jose!! However, should it accidentally happen, I know I'll be covered. Once Kristen has that sweet, beautiful baby I know there's going to be a part of me that's ready to do it again. Bet I'll get some comments for that! tee, hee

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Go Mary!! Have a baby! Better you than me....

I am praying for you guys. It will be fine!! When we were in pre-op at the surgi-center for Dewayne on Tues. there were a few kids back there. I thought of Hunter. Those nurses are SO good, they made it fun for the kids. I never heard any crying!

Lori E. said...

Mary, you are so on my heart. Everything will be fine, but we will be covering you with our prayers. I will pray the peace of Christ over all of you. That is a big one for me, and it seems to work everytime!!! God is good. And.......yes we need to have another baby shower, so my vote, that does not matter, is for you to use your insurance and add another Eaton to the world!!!

Staci said...

What time are y'all scheduled for on Friday? I'll be praying for peace and calmness for both you and Hunter.

And I have to agree with Brooke - better you than me ;)